It seems today that people are obsessed with all kinds of diets. There are diets for losing weight, diets for gaining weight, muscles and a whole bunch of others. Some diets work really well but there are also those that serve no purpose at all but surprisingly, a lot of people tend to follow certain meal plans or instructions when it comes to dieting. Now if you are interested to know about certain diets, you might as well learn about the Georgian diet. In this article, we will learn just about that.
What is the Georgian diet all about?
The Georgian diet is basically called Georgian cuisine. This refers to the cooking styles of dishes that originated from Georgia, prepared by Georgian people all over the world. This kind of cuisine is native to the country and is highly influenced by the Europeans, Middle Eastern and Western Asia’s way of cooking. They usually cook food with various herbs and spices which is blended with the culinary tradition of the province of Georgia. This type of cuisine involves meat as well as vegetarian dishes that many people have come to love.
The Georgian diet is about the culinary ideas that have been carried around by the merchants and travelers who were influenced by many cultures. It gives importance to food and drinks especially during feasts. The wonders of this diet has been written in many books with regards to their perfect health, beauty, diet, food and even the meal plans that they do to lose weight.
So what are the secrets of this Georgian diet? Here are some of the best tips that you can follow:
- They have a green lifestyle which means they prefer eating lots of green vegetables as part of their diet.
- Eating eggs 2 or 3 times a week is good.
- No sugar and honey is often used as a sweetener.
- Fat from chicken or meat is a big no.
- The best cheese is goat cheese.
- Nuts are essential especially wild chestnuts.
- Cornmeal mash is the best.
- Cooking meat means cooking it pomegranate juice.
- Pickled vegetables and lima beans are among their favorites.
- Physical activities must be included every day.
- Wild berries are essential among other fruits.
- Vegetables should be eaten raw, pickled or cooked.
- Meat consumption should be at least once a week.
- A cup or two of matzoni or as they call fermented milk which is similar to buttermilk must be a part of your daily meal.
- There’s always a common sauce for green peppers, garlic, coriander, onions, lima beans and pomegranate juice.
- Grapes, pears and pomegranates are among the most consumed fruits.
- Salt is not used when cooking.
- The best kind of diet is mostly vegetarian prepared with walnuts, basil, coriander and spiced tarragon.
Basically, Georgian diet is all about eating your vegetables. Although meat is eaten, it is not always included in the meal. Like any other diets, the Georgian diet focuses on a balanced diet but focusing more on your vegetables and fruits. Now if you are interested in learning more about this diet, make sure to consult a nutritionist or dietician. This way you know if this kind of diet can work best on you. Good luck!